Terms & Conditions
In this document the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Le Praz Transfers” shall refer to Le Praz Transfers which is a trading name of “VRS Coventry”.
“Client” shall be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons.
“Party” shall refer to all persons travelling under one single booking.
“Passenger” shall refer to a person within a party.
“Operator” shall refer to an enterprise that provides transport services via the use of their own vehicles.
1. Full acceptance of Le Praz Transfers price for the service requested is assumed at the time of booking. Le Praz Transfers will produce written electronic confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email following payment. To Avoid Confusion No booking is confirmed until a deposit or Payment is Paid or funds confirmed as cleared and received.
2. All fares that appear on the Le Praz Transfers website / booking system, and prices quoted via email, telephone by a Le Praz Transfers representative or employee, are subject to change without notice until full payment is made, no booking price is confirmed until a deposit or payment is paid.
3. The price paid by a Le Praz Transfers client when booking an airport transfer is fixed only when a deposit is paid, and will not change unless due to fuel or exchange rates. This will only be implemented in extreme circumstances.
4. The airport transfer booking is not fully confirmed until reception by the client by email of the aforementioned written confirmation. If the client does pay a deposit or does not receive written confirmation by email, then the transfer booking is considered invalid. This may occur due to an online technical fault, due to misinformation given by the client, or due to various other problems. The client should contact Le Praz Transfers if after 24 hours of making a booking they have not received written confirmation, a booking is only considered a booking when the deposit or payment has cleared, up to that point it is an enquiry.
5. Airport transfers are scheduled only when a deposit has been paid and full confirmation by email for the airport transfer booking has been received both by Le Praz Transfers and the client.
6. The client accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
7. When making a telephone booking the client accepts that the booking will be governed by the terms and conditions that are present on the Le Praz Transfers website at the time of booking.
8. The confirmation of booking must be presented by the client to the Le Praz Transfers driver or Le Praz Transfers representative for both the outward and return trip.
9. The destination and pick-up addresses on the ticket are the addresses to which the party will be delivered and picked up. Should the client wish to change these or any other details, this must be done in writing by email directly with Le Praz Transfers 48 hours prior to the date of travel, subject to payment of any difference in the applicable prices. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for any booking that is amended at any time prior to departure.
10. Cancellations: (or failure to show or take the transfer). Within 7 days of making a booking (i.e. the date you booked online) a €30 admin fee is charged per person for shared transfers, or for private bookings a fee of 50%. In the case of cancellation up to 28 days prior to the primary transfer; a cancellation administration fee of €60 per person is applicable for shared transfers, private transfers the fee is 50% of the full booking. Cancellations less than 7 days before the primary transfer are non refundable. Upon demand Le Praz Transfers will be more than happy to issue a statement of cancellation showing the amounts charged for use in the event of an insurance claim. You should ensure your holiday insurance covers you for cancellation.
11. All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owner’s name and destination address. Passengers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag (snowboard coffin bags should be declared) and luggage larger than 1.5 cubic meters or longer then 1.7 meters should also be declared. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a passenger having excess luggage, Le Praz Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items. Clients are asked to keep Le Praz Transfers informed of any incidence of lost luggage. It is the responsibility of the airline and or handling agent of the airline to deliver any lost luggage to the passenger not Le Praz Transfers. Clients must understand that in the event of a delay exceeding 60 minutes caused by lost luggage, the allocated driver may have to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passengers. In this instance passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination, or in the direction of the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other clients. Where a delay is of an exceptional length Le Praz Transfers may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the ‘newly’ scheduled arrival time caused by the delay in waiting for lost luggage. In this case, passengers will be charged for the additional ‘new’ transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the ‘newly’ scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves.
12. Bikes are not transported free of charge. Clients must inform Le Praz Transfers at the time of booking of any bikes to be transported, failure to do so may result in Le Praz Transfers being unable to transport said bikes. Bikes must be presented for carriage in an appropriate box or bag. Bikes not in bags or boxes are not acceptable and will not be transported.
13. Skis & snowboards are transported free of charge. Clients must inform Le Praz Transfers at the time of booking of the number of sets of skis & snowboards to be transported, failure to do so may result in Le Praz Transfers being unable to transport said skis or snowboards. Skis & snowboards must be presented for carriage in an appropriate bag. Skis not in bags are not acceptable and will not be transported.
14. Baby seats and booster seats are supplied free of charge upon request at time of booking. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to travel in the front seats of any vehicle. Any child seats provided will be supplied based on manufactures recommended usage weights, and is supplied for the convenience of the journey only, as they are not a legal requirement in our larger minibuses. Parents are advised small children and babies can travel in their own seats or on their parent’s lap. If the client has a particular requirement regarding child seats they are advised to bring their own seat. Operators of bigger buses or coaches are not required by law to provide child seats or fit them, however, they may allow parents or others to supply their own child car seat for a use on a minibus journey. Please note due to the higher safety standards and regulations larger buses meet, child seats are not required on our minibuses of 9 passenger seats or more. Passengers up to 13 years are not yet required by law to wear seat belts, although they are strongly advised to wear a seat belt, or to use a restraint if one is available. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to travel without a parent or guardian. Minors between the age of 16 and 18 assume full responsibility for their use of seat belts. Drivers and staff are legally not allowed to install baby / child seats; this must be done by the parent or guardian.
15. Le Praz Transfers will endeavour to honour special requirement requests but are not contractually obliged to do so.
16. Should more passengers present themselves for transfer than noted on the booking it may not be possible to carry the extra passenger(s). The extra passenger(s) will have to make their own way to their destination and Le Praz Transfers will accept no responsibility or liability for said extra passenger(s).
17. Pick up instructions: All pick up times for a service from resort to an airport must be reconfirmed with Le Praz Transfers the day before departure but not less than 24 hours before departure from resort. It is the clients’ responsibility to reconfirm the booking and if the booking is not so reconfirmed, Le Praz Transfers cannot guarantee that the service will be provided and Le Praz Transfers will not be liable for any losses or additional costs the passengers incurs. Le Praz Transfers will schedule our departures to arrive at airports two hours or more before the scheduled departure time of a flight. This Time will be based on current Knowledge of road traffic and weather Conditions, but this does not in anyway form a contracted arrival time. Should a client choose their own departure time, they are recommended to ensure to allow time for bad weather and traffic jams accidents etc. Le Praz Transfers will accept no responsibility for any losses incurred due to missed flight or onward connection. Le Praz Transfers only offer the transfer and not a guaranteed time of arrival. If the client asks advice on a departure time we will give our best answer with current knowledge of road traffic and weather conditions but this does not in anyway form a contracted time. We may advise a departure time of 4 to 6 hours pre flight for local airports and more at Half Terms and Christmas / New Year or if bad weather is expected. For non local airports we can recommend but cannot guarantee transfer times. Le Praz Transfers will endeavour to get you to the Airport before Check in closes but cannot guarantee any arrival time at any airport, Le Praz Transfers can only suggest a time based on previous transfers, local knowledge, road & weather conditions etc.
Shared transfer clients all agree to a wait of up to ninety minutes for other shares upon clearing customs and meeting the driver. If a flight is delayed this could be up to 3 hours at which point we may still leave without the late arrivals due to the driver’s legal hours.
18. Any service issues, should be directed to Le Praz Transfers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to VRS Coventry, Unit 4a Seven Stars Industrial Estate, Wheler Road, Coventry CV3 4LB. Le Praz Transfers will endeavour to resolve all service issues within 28 days of notification.
19. Le Praz Transfers reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
20. Passengers who soil the interior of a van due to alcohol or drug consumption, are liable to an on the spot fine of €150.00. This fine is payable immediately to the Le Praz Transfers driver. If the passenger refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the €150.00 valet cleaning fee will be taken on the credit card that the client used to make the booking, Le Praz Transfers will produce a receipt for this transaction. If payment cannot, or will not, be made Le Praz Transfers will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle this will included all legal fees Le Praz Transfers incur.
21. Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Le Praz Transfers vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
22. Any damage caused to a Le Praz Transfers vehicle by a passenger(s) must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then Le Praz Transfers will be forced to take legal action against the passenger(s) in question.
23. Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consummation of food is not permitted on any Le Praz Transfers vehicle.
24. Smoking or Drinking Alcohol is not permitted in Le Praz Transfers vehicles.
25. Le Praz Transfers will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Le Praz Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under French law. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
26. Le Praz Transfers will endeavour to carry the passenger(s) with the maximum comfort and minimum inconvenience to their destination shown on the confirmation document. However, circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples, but not an exhaustive list of circumstances which are not within our control:
a. Vehicle breakdowns
b. Exceptional or severe weather conditions
c. Compliance with requests of the police
d. Accidents or deaths on the road causing delays to the vehicle
f. Unforeseen detours or traffic delays
g. Industrial action by third parties
h. Problems caused by other customers
i. The vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
j. Other circumstances affecting passenger safety
k. Force Majeure (war, civil unrest, terrorism, acts of god, etc.)
l. Any change made to the booking that has not been agreed in advance, any change made to the collection or pick up point, any unscheduled pick up or drop off.
If affected by any of the above situations or other unforeseen events, Le Praz Transfers will make every effort to deliver the passenger to their destination. In the event of Le Praz Transfers being unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination, Le Praz Transfers will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred.
27. Tunnel closures forcing alternative routes: A supplement is to be agreed (at the time of transfer or prior where possible) with client and paid on arrival in cash by the passenger if the client has not previously agreed to pay the supplement. The amount of the supplement will reflect the extra distance, time and tolls involved to transport the passenger to their booked destination. Where no agreement can be reached on the supplement to be paid, Le Praz Transfers will transport the passenger up to the point at which the normal route is blocked. Le Praz Transfers may waive the payment of the supplement at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances.
28. Sudden and unscheduled road closures forcing alternative routes: a supplement is to be agreed (at the time of transfer or prior where possible) with client and paid on arrival in cash by the passenger if the client has not previously taken agreed to pay the supplement. The amount of the supplement will reflect the extra distance, time and tolls involved to transport the passenger to their booked destination. Where no agreement can be reached on the supplement to be paid, Le Praz Transfers will transport the passenger up to the point at which the normal route is blocked. Le Praz Transfers may waive the payment of the supplement at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances.
29. Where Le Praz Transfers book transport on services provided by operators other than Le Praz Transfers we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
30. If Le Praz Transfers fail to provide a booked service because they are unable to contact the client due to a lack of mobile phone number, the said mobile phone number not being active or the phone remains unanswered when called, Le Praz Transfers will not be held responsible for any losses incurred.
31. Le Praz Transfers does not operate on an account basis for the purposes of Tour companies and Chalet operators. All transfers booked through us are subject to these terms and conditions, and we will regard each transfer booked as a separate transaction. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use our services. When collecting money for transfers you have booked with us you are collecting the funds on our behalf, these monies then belong to Le Praz Transfers and must not be used for any purpose other than payment to us. Any other use or misuse will be classed as a separate case of theft for each transfer booked. If you collect cash payments on our behalf, we require you to insure it against loss or theft.
32. If Le Praz Transfers fail for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Le Praz Transfers will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Le Praz Transfers for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by one taxi of an appropriate size. Le Praz Transfers shall be allowed a period of 90 minutes commencing from the point at which the client presents themselves to a Le Praz Transfers representative, to supply the purchased service.
33. It is the responsibility of the client that all booking information is correct. Le Praz Transfers accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by a client and that result in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up a customer(s). If the client provided the take off time of a flight instead of an arrival time and as a result a vehicle(s) has to wait for the client, Le Praz Transfers reserve the right to charge waiting time fee of €1 per minute, this is calculated as the difference between the time given and the actual scheduled landing time of the flight.
34. Delayed, Cancelled and Rescheduled Flights: Clients are asked to keep Le Praz Transfers informed about all possible delays and changes to their scheduled flight(s). Clients must understand that in the event of a delay exceeding 90 minutes, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passenger(s), passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination, or in the direction of the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other passengers, and may involve a fee. If the driver has to wait for over 90 minutes, there will be a charge, of €30 per hour thereafter starting from the first minute of the following hour, if the passenger is unwilling or unable to pay for waiting time Le Praz Transfers may cancel the scheduled transfers. If the flight delay is of an excessive length, (more than 2 hours) due to circumstances such as flights being cancelled and passengers then arriving on alternative scheduled fights; or flights being rescheduled to later times; other airports or in the case where passengers miss their scheduled flights, and then book an alternative flight that arrives at a later time, then Le Praz Transfers may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the ‘newly’ scheduled arrival time or airport. In this case, clients will be charged for the additional ‘new’ transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the ‘newly’ scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves.
Where possible Le Praz Transfers will arrange a discounted transfer if you have missed your original transfer.
You must ensure you have Holiday Insurance to cover a lost transfer due to delay.
35. Other Passengers who have had delayed flights
In the event where other passengers have been delayed, and missed their transfer, we reserve the right to place these passengers in any free seats in any transfer we have, either private or shared. You will also be given this privilege should you own flight be delayed. A private booking will always be given priority, however in exceptional circumstances we reserve the right to fill empty seats or combine a transfer in order deal with these events. Parents with babies will be given the first available seats. We believe this is the fairest way to deal with flight delays. Please ensure you have insurance to deal with delays as we cannot guarantee the availability if you miss your transfer.
36. Le Praz Transfers shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach of contract if so proved by a court of law or if accepted by the company.
37. Le Praz Transfers may alter these terms and conditions from time to time, following which all transport reservations will be governed by that version. The terms governing the purchase of an airport transfer will be the terms in place at the time of your reservation.
38. Nothing can affect the client’s statutory rights.
39. Le Praz Transfers terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
40. Any dispute between Le Praz Transfers and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the courts.
41. Fuel surcharge. Le Praz Transfers reserves the right to increase prices in accordance with fuel price rises and in accordance with point 3.
42. Le Praz Transfers reserves the right to terminate any booking at any time which is made in breach of general booking terms and conditions or has made any changes made to the booking that has not been agreed in advance, including but not limited to; any change made to a collection or pick up point, any unscheduled pick up or drop off, all of which void any contract. This is not to say a new contract cannot then be formed at the discretion of Le Praz Transfers.